Note: Policies are subject to change at any time without notice.
Any questions, feel free to call us.
▪ Must be 18 years of age with valid drivers license to rent equipment (does not include boats)
▪ Must be 25 years of age with valid drivers license to rent any boat (pontoon, tritoon, fishing)
▪ Renter must be present to complete rental contract.
▪ Qualified persons other than renter whom plan to operate rental equipment MUST be present with renter for full instruction at the time of check in and will be required to fill out required forms.
▪ We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone whom we feel is not capable, mature, and/or comfortable enough to operate our equipment.
▪ We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
▪ Large groups or gatherings please see additional rules/information listed below.
▪ Rentals on the Great Lakes (ie. Lake Michigan) including the Pine River Channel are strictly prohibited.
▪ Special personal watercraft (PWC) rules: Operator age restricitons: Must be at least 14 years of age or older to drive. Those who are 14 or 15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Those 16 years and older have no restricitons. All those who will operate/drive one of our PWCs, regardless of age, must be instructed by Summertime Rentals LLC and have filled out applicable forms.
▪ All persons involved with our activities acknowledge that said activities are potentially dangerous and agree to hold Summertime Rentals LLC., all owners, employees and affiliated properties harmless.
▪ Reservations are strongly recommended and encouraged.
▪ Walk-in traffic will be accommodated based on availability. We recommend that you call first.
▪ 30% NON-REFUNDABLE reservation deposit is required to be placed on our reservation schedule. The deposit is applied to your rental. Please be certain of your reservation prior to making a reservation. Again, the deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE.
▪ Within 7 days of your rental you are responsible for the FULL RENTAL AMOUNT. If you must cancel for any reason it is in your best interest to call us. The more advanced notice we have the better. Our season is very short (10-12 weeks) and so we must be able to rent when we can.
▪ Reservation deposits may be paid by Visa, MasterCard, Discover or Amex. Check deposits are available for early reservations (credit card, not debit card, is required to have on file).
▪ We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express..
▪ Customers must have a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or Amex CREDIT CARD (NOT a debit card) on file in the event of damage to the equipment. The person renting must be the same person on the credit card. You may, however, pay with a debit card, credit card or cash.
▪ All credit card transactions must be made by the person named on the card. A valid drivers license must accompany the credit card.
▪ No cancellations will be accepted other than as stated in “Reservations”.
▪ We reserve the right to cancel your reservation for violations of our policies.
▪ We reserve the right, solely at our discretion, to reschedule and/or cancel your reservation in the event of inclement weather. Please see “Weather” for more details.
▪ No refunds/exchanges for early returns.
▪ It is inevitable that reserved equipment will occasionally be unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances at the time of your rental reservation. We reserve the right to offer you substitute equipment in lieu of the originally reserved equipment. If no alternate equipment is available, we really have no choice but to reschedule or cancel your reservation.
▪ We require a signed CREDIT CARD (NOT A DEBIT CARD) imprint in case of damages of powered equipment (all boats and jet skis)
▪ Renter is responsible for any and all damages to our equipment, while in your care, up to and including replacement cost.
▪ Renter will receive copy of signed damage imprint back if equipment is returned unharmed
▪ All Damages in excess of $100 must be reported to Summertime Rentals LLC and local law enforcement immediately.
▪ If damage occurs repairs will be made by a local qualified boat shop at our discretion.
▪ Summertime Rentals LLC wants the following to be known. Damages greater than $100 are very infrequent (normally no more than 2-5 occurrences per year). We do not profit from damages. The renter is responsible only for exact cost of repair and/or replacement. We do not charge for equipment downtime or the time it takes Summertime Rentals LLC to coordinate repairs. Our largest damage amount in 20 years was approximately $3500.
▪ Summertime Rentals LLC offers no insurance coverage on equipment during your rental.
▪ Please check with your homeowner, auto, or credit card company to see if there is an insurance option available to you. In nearly 20 years this has never been used.
PROHIBITED & RESTRICTED RENTALS
Large Group/Gatherings/Parties, Multiple Boats, Boat/Jetski Combinations, Fireworks, Night Time Operation
▪ A large group or gathering must fully explain their planned activities, intentions, and group size in order to receive consideration and approval to rent our equipment.
▪ We reserve the right to refuse service and rentals to large or very large groups and/or parties (ie. reunions, large family gatherings, wedding receptions, corporate parties, and the like). Please call if you have a large group. Attending Aquapalooza is prohibited with our rentals.
▪ Gatherings of multiple boats, boat/jetski combinations, or the like, regardless of rented or personally owned must call for prior approval to rent and include one of our boats or jet skis.
▪ If your group is larger than a boat's capacity (even if not everyone will be using or riding it at the same time) you must call for approval.
▪ Renting multiple boats is highly discouraged and is only allowed on a case by case basis. Must call for approval. Again, we reserve the right to refuse service and rentals for such circumstances.
▪ Renting a boat and jet-ski simultaneously for the day to help accommodate a larger group than the boat's capacity is highly discouraged and may be refused. Special rules apply to boat/jetski combinations and must call for information and approval.
▪ Fireworks: Attending firework events on one of our boats such as Freedom Festival, 4th of July, and Venetian Festival are highly discouraged and require prior permission. There are many considerations and issues that renters may not be aware of that we want to discuss with you.
▪ Night Time Operation - If you intend to operate one of our boats at night we request that you contact us to discuss and for approval.
▪ What constitutes good and bad weather for water sports activities is highly subjective. The following are things the renter shall keep in mind regarding weather.
▪ As mentioned in “Cancellations”: We reserve the right, solely at our discretion, to reschedule and/or cancel your reservation in the event of inclement weather.
▪ Multiple-day rentals do not get refunds or additional days added on to rentals because of lost days due to weather. This is reflected in the discounted price of the multiple-day rentals.
▪ While Northern Michigan summers are generally known to be very nice, we understand that there are certain weather related events that make our rental activities unsafe. Obvious cancellations include all day thunder, lightning, and/or rainstorms.
▪ DO NOT Rely on weather forecasts! These are only predictions (especially precipitation) and not necessarily what will take place. For example, there are many days throughout the summer in Northern Michigan that are forecasted a certain percentage of rain but turn out to be gorgeous days. Do not be scared by the rain cloud on TV or online...especially when its only a 10-30% chance.
▪ If the morning looks uncertain, there is a very high probability it will be beautiful once the sun gets higher in the sky; usually somewhere between 10am to 12pm. We will not cancel unless it’s proven otherwise.
▪ We will not cancel based on a weather predictions or before the morning has a chance to clear up.
▪ While some parts of the lake may be windy and rough other parts may be calmer and very nice. We will gladly show you where the best places to go are based on weather conditions.
▪ Dress for the weather. It can be a good idea to pack a sweatshirt, windbreaker, or blanket in case you get a little chilly.
▪ Occasionally we get the brief afternoon thundershower. As long as it is not an all day event we do not allow for cancellations or partial refunds
▪ Less weather discrepancy on boats versus jet-skis. Boats: Generally, cancellations occur only if it is a rainout day or extremely windy/choppy across the majority of the lake. Jet-Skis: Generally, only air temperatures less than 68-70 degrees may receive consideration for cancellation.
▪ We at Summertime Rentals LLC want you to enjoy your experience with our equipment out on the water. If you have any questions regarding our weather policies or changes in the rental charge because of weather please feel free to give us a call.
▪ Gas is not included on rentals except on 1 and 2 hour jet-ski rentals.
▪ There will be a full tank of gas at the start of the rental. The equipment will be refueled by our staff at our marina and paid by the renter at the end of the rental.
▪ Remember to have funds (i.e. cash or Visa/MasterCard) on hand to pay for the fuel at the end of the rental.